Spring 2014 Newsletter
Request for Proposals: Civic Engagement Research Fund Awards for FY2015
IPCE announces the availability of funding to support research projects centered on civic engagement for up to $20,000 each. UIC faculty and research staff of centers, institutes, and programs are eligible to apply.
IPCE seeks to support research that furthers understanding about effective strategies or tools that help:
- citizens better understand the policymaking process;
- citizens and communities to become more engaged in policy debate or deliberative processes;
- government become more responsive to citizens;
- government, non profits, and civic institutions use technology to engage and connect citizens (including those with disproportionately lower access to technology than the public at large) with government and/or improve service delivery;
- community development efforts or local community change initiatives use civic engagement to enhance effectiveness or increase the overall impact of programs.
Applications must be submitted electronically by June 6, 2014. More details, including a full announcement and application, are available at www.ipce.uic.edu.
If you have any questions, please contact Katie James at (312) 355-0098.