Spring 2014 Newsletter
UPPF Program Says 'Thank You' to Partners
Every year IPCE's Urban Public Policy Fellowship (UPPF) Program places its fellows at internship sites throughout the Chicagoland area. The goal of the internship site placement is to pair fellows with partner organizations who can provide students with insight into the inner-workings of government, community-based initiatives, non-for profits, and public policy.
Some past and current projects UPPF Fellows have contributed to include: creating a social media visibility plan; assembling and distributing breast cancer awareness and prevention education kits at community events; mentoring youth involved in violence prevention programs; and facilitating and creating activities for small group sessions with weekend education program participants.
On behalf of the UPPF program, administered through IPCE and in partnership with the Latin American Recruitment and Educational Services Program (LARES) and the African-American Academic Network (AAAN), we would like to thank you for your support and for providing our students with a rewarding experience this 2013-2014 academic school year.
- Alderman Daniel Solis's Office, 25th Ward
- Alivio Medical Center
- American Heart Association
- The Black Star Project
- Center of Excellence in Eliminating Health Disparities
- Chicago Commons
- Chicago Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- City of Chicago Department of Public Health
- Frida Kahlo Community Organization
- Gamaliel of Metro Chicago
- Gigi's Playhouse
- Safer Foundation
- UIC Office of Sustainability
- Illinois African American Coalition for Prevention (ILAACP)
- Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence (ICHV)
- Institute for Health Research & Policy (IHRP)
- Latin American Recruitment and Educational Services Program (LARES)
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF)
- The Network of Lawndale
- Nutrition Support Services, Chicago Public Schools
- Pilsen Neighbors Community Council (PNCC)
For additional information about the UPPF program or on how to become an internship site, please contact Catalina Nava, Program Coordinator, at 312-355-0154 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.