Civic Engagement Research Awards Application
IPCE's competitive Civic Engagement Research Awards aim to support UIC research that relates to the concept, practices, and methods of civic engagement.
The Institute for Policy and Civic Engagement (IPCE) announces a call for proposals for research projects on civic engagement. The Institute works to enhance civic engagement through research, public discourse, and education while promoting the use of technology to improve government and advance democracy in the United States.In particular, IPCE is looking to partner on research that furthers understanding about effective strategies or tools that help:
1. Citizens better understand the policymaking process;
2. Citizens and communities to become more engaged in policy debate or deliberative processes;
3. Government become more responsive to citizens;
4. Government, non-profits, and civic institutions use technology to engage and connect citizens(including those with disproportionately lower access to technology than the public at large) with government and/or improve service delivery;
5. Community development efforts or local community change initiatives use civic engagement to enhance effectiveness or increase the overall impact of programs.
6. Advances research on how disinformation and misinformation impacts how civic engagement intersects with technology, public health, or public policy.
All applications must be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m., June 1, 2022. Applicants will be informed of status by July 29, 2022. For full consideration, applications must be complete, received by deadline, and signed by department head/director.
IPCE commitments are contingent upon FY2023 state funding and availability. At this time, IPCE FY2023 funding has not yet been confirmed.
Application instructions Heading link
The application is a fillable PDF. In order to ensure your application’s full completion, please follow these steps:
- Download the application to your desktop
- Save it and rename it “IPCE_Research_Fund_Application_[YOUR LAST NAME]”
- Fill out the PDF
- Print and scan the PDF with necessary signatures
- Send the complete application as well as the required supplementary materials to email@example.com
For more information, please contact IPCE Associate Director Norma Ramos.